You’re good at what you do and so are we. We make the process of getting a website online as pain free and easy as possible for our customers.
We build websites using a program called WordPress. This is a customizable website platform that is popular with bloggers and small business owners. It’s popular because once the website is designed and set up, the user can log in and easily add content to it without having to know anything at all about website design. If you can use a word processor, you can add content to a WordPress based website.
6 Simple Steps to Get Your Website Up and Running
- The first step is to register a domain name but before you do, you should probably read our article called “Tips For Choosing Your Domain Name“. I like to use name.com. The link to register for a name.com account is: name.com/account/create.
It currently costs $10.99 per year for a .com domain name and you would need to renew it every year or you would lose the right to use it. You can register for a free account with name.com but you’ll have to provide a credit card number to them to actually register a domain name.
Once you have an account with name.com, you can search for available names. You can choose from domains like .com, .net, .org, etc. The link to search for available names is: name.com/domain/search-1-3. It’s important that you provide accurate contact information when you set up the name.com account as this is a legal requirement for registering a domain.
- After you register the domain name that you want, just give us your name.com username and password so we can make a couple of changes to the settings that are necessary to get your website up and running.
- Next, you will need to sign up for a web hosting account which is basically like renting space on a computer server where your website will actually be stored and be able to be accessed from the Internet. We use HostGator and they have a plan that only costs $7.16 a month if you only want to have one website on your hosting account and you want to pay monthly. They give discounts if you pay yearly or if you prepay for 2 or 3 years at a time.
If you use the coupon code OnlineRebooted when you sign up, you’ll get a $9.94 discount if you pay for a year in advance. The link to get a hosting account set up with HostGator is: HostGator Web hosting Sign Up. Please note that if for some reason, the link doesn’t display on your computer, simply copy and paste http://secure.hostgator.com/~affiliat/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=pdhrebooted into your web browser and enter the coupon code when you sign up.
- After you have a hosting account set up, provide us with your username and password.
- Next, you’ll need to make some design choices such as what colors you want, what kind of image you want in the header, whether you want a left hand sidebar or a right hand sidebar, etc.
- Then we at OnlineRebooted.com will get to work! As we make progress on your site, you’ll be able to see it coming together and make design choices if you would like to. If you’d rather be completely hands off and leave it all to us, that’s perfectly fine too!
What are you waiting for? Contact us today and we’ll get started right away! Don’t lose business to your competitors because you don’t have a website!
Disclosure: The links in these instructions are affiliate links. This means that if you click on them and sign up, we’ll receive a commission. You won’t pay any more by making a purchase after clicking on an affiliate link on our website. As a matter of fact, in some cases, you may even get a discount! Additionally, the services linked to on this page are ones we use on a regular basis.